Thursday 2 March 2017

Brief 06 | Photography Collab - Brief / Discussion (Melvin)

"Hi Rowan,

I am one of the level 6 photography students, and I was just wondering if you are up to help me design a logo and maybe business card.

My images style is mostly focused around documentary and portraiture. Here's my website with some of my images in it.
http://melvin1.portfoliobox.net/

Anyway thank you for your time and drop me a e-mail if you are interested. :)

Mel"

- Wanting to know more about Melvins styles and what he liked I asked him to email me of what he was looking for:-

"I have work in a lot of area of photography, but mainly focused on documentary(social documentary/street photography/travel) . But previous work includes a lot of sports events (basketball/football/Grand Prix) photography, documenting events like a festivals, because these are the things usually people ask me to do. So I am thinking of a minimalist style so it can fit into my work style since most of the people are more interested (job opportunities) in my sports/events photos then my personal practice. So I guess the common theme is i focus more on active things rather then studio based work. Possibly a much simpler design of my initials so I can put on the corner of my images? And maybe another to put into a business card or website. I am still working on putting more images on my website so maybe it would be more clear since I just upload random things my web lol."

Melvin was looking for a minimal and simple logo, using only his initials, this therefore makes it a very quick brief to complete. I researched into Melvins portfolio to see more of his work and get a better understanding of what he likes and his style and therefore can then fit a logo to his work styles.



Deadline for Melvins Logo & Business Cards - 15th March

No comments:

Post a Comment