Thursday 2 March 2017

Brief 06 | Photography Collab - Idea Generation & Development (Melvin)

I quickly sketched some basic logos, playing around with Melvin's initials like he asked, also he said to keep it simple and minimal which I have. 
Sketching the logos quickly gave me an idea of how to develop them through to illustrator and gave me direction and build up ideas. 


developing onto illustrator -



Melvin specifically asked for a minimal style and only to use his initials, this is what I have aimed to achieve through the logo designs. Trying to make shapes from his initials to make it more unique and rotating the L to fit around the M are the designs which work best and stand out more. 

Feedback from Melvin

This style looks great! Really like the minimal. My favourites are 1, 3 & 10! Keep up the good work!

Once receiving the feedback from Melvin I then developed the logos more and began to mock them up on business cards. Because Melvin was opting for a more minimal style I decided to go for a mono palette of white and grey. For a unique design I included an emboss element this gives a professional finish and something that will stand out from the crowds.

Design 01 -

An embossed logo, with white screen print showing (unable to digitally print white) melvins details. The emboss design makes the business card professional and the colour palette keeps the design sleek and modern. 



Design 02 -

The logo and Melvin's name and profession has been foiled, foiling gives a shine to the paper and gives it a professional finish and stands out. The use of white card and silver foil gives a minimal style and this is an aspect that Melvin asked for.



Design 03 -

Design 3 uses none of the logos and instead just the name and contact details. The business card also has no print finishes and instead is a very simple and minimal style, however due the spaced type and white background it gives the card a modern aesthetic.




Feedback from Melvin -

"I like design 9 on the illustrator file but I also like the embossing on design 1 on the mock up. Black and white design would be best fitting I think and I don't mind about the emboss?"

Taking this feedback forward from Melvin I told him that if he wanted white type I would have to screen print as at uni we can't digitally print in white. This process would take up to 2 days and I don't physically have this time spare therefore suggested a grey stock with light or dark grey ink too. Melvin was keen on this design and agreed that I would take that one forward. 


No comments:

Post a Comment