Friday 24 February 2017

Brief 06 | Photography Collab - Brief / Discussion (Zeinab)

During the discussion last week Zeinab wanted a business card designing where it works with her prints. Therefore she suggested a business card that was wrapped up and something that felt more special.

After the discussion I emailed her some ideas that I thought would work well, I told her to have a read and decide if she liked any of the same ideas to see if we were on the same page.

Idea 01 - Business card 85mm by 53mm. The front of the card is a collage of your prints, with your name embossed on the front. Thick card and a texture on the front and back of the card.

Idea 02 - Business card 85mm by 53mm. The photo reels on the front like what was in your zines. Name foiled in a silver metallic foil. Minimal style font. Wrapped in tracing paper of one of your prints and secured with a sticker or strip of tape. (your initials printed on the front) 

Idea 03 - Business card 85mm by 53mm. Plain textured card, bold colour on one side of card. Your name foiled or embossed. And the card wrapped in tracing paper, secured by a patterned thread / string.

Reply - 

So I really like the idea of collaging or doing the contact sheets like my zine. I also love love the idea of foiling or embossing.
And having it wrapped in like tracing paper, kinda makes it feel like dainty and precious.

Since the reply from Zeinab I have stared to look into a range of business cards and how different approaches can work.
The deadline I have set myself for this is the end of march to be completed. 25th March

No comments:

Post a Comment