Wednesday 22 February 2017

Brief 05 | Photography Collab - Brief

Today Simon arranged a 'meeting' with photography students. Each are wanting a range of branding elements to fit with there work. I spoke to 10 students about the work that I design and my styles and each told me the areas of photography they were into. I asked them to email me with a summary of there styles and some work, and I would look into it for them.


Alex - street and fashion photography, collecting images of friends, urban, documentations, wants a zine making and help with portfolio work on indesign.
Zeinab - Fashion photography, documentations, work is collage based. Wanting a business cards and prints.
Ionna - City documentation of Greece, very minimal work and B&W photography, wants a logo designing and applied to business cards.
Melvin - documentary work of nature and portrait work but also commercial. Wanting a logo and business cards.
Hammish - Concentrating on street photography, wants bold zines that stand out and contrast of colours. 
Ash - Fashion photography based wanting a lookbook, bold colours used in the photography.
Amelia - Currently in a collective with her boyfriend called two to tango and wanting to brand it to use across their images, business cards and publications.
Natasha - Photographs architecture mainly and few portraits, wanting a logo.
Emily - Fashion photography mainly bridal wear and documental fashion. Wanting a logo, postcards and business cards very minimal. 
Naomi - Feminist photography, includes sexual imagery, very fun and wacky. Wanting a logo, business cards
Devon - Does a lot of commercial photography, but also non too. therefore wants a logo for both of his work, or a logo that fits both. 

Getting in touch after the meeting with Alex & Zeinab there work stood out to me the most and were wanting things produced that I would feel comfortable doing. Alex is wanting a zine of her work and wanting to use a range of colour and textures. Zainab is wanting a business card but one thats abit different and her prints are somehow incorporated with the cards. 

Melvin contacted me via email asking me to design him a logo and business card. Talking to Melvin in the meeting his work was very commercial, and was opting for a water mark design, something which I would find interesting to develop.

*Doing 3 of the photographers work is a very big for one brief, therefore I am going to split it into 2. Alex's book will be part of brief 5. Melvin & Zeinabs logos and business cards will be brief 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment