Friday 24 February 2017

Brief 05 | Photography Collab - Feedback (Alex)

I sent Alex some of my favourite spreads that I designed and asked her for some feedback to see if I was on the same page as what she's looking for.





Feedback from Alex -

"Girl that looks fabby I love it!!"
"The third is my favourite"
"I think with different coloured paper it'll break up the difference in colours in the pictures"


At the moment the zine is 23 pages long, which will cost a lot in the print room, I asked Alex what her budget is -

"I think 20 pages max! (20 page double sided) need to watch the budget!"

Crit feedback

We had a crit feedback session on the 9th of March, I wanted some feedback from this zine to see if the design worked with what Alex was after.

The crit was very useful and it got mentioned to look at Tracy Ma's work, which I have done and has given inspiration on how to develop with the publication.

The bind which I was opting for was a open bound optic bind, one person from the crit group has done this bind before and was said that the bind wouldn't work with the amount of pages, the stock also needs to be thick. This is something I will have to discuss with Alex and see what other binds she likes.

The designs are looking ok, but if anything I'm been to safe. and should experiment a bit more with the weird and trendy tacky designs.

Next -

keep developing Alex's zine, I have a print slot on Wednesday morning so will print some of the pages I have done for a test print. Think of a different binding method. Meet up with Alex sometime this week to finalise photos and the designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment