Saturday 18 February 2017

Brief 04 | York Arts Market - Ideas 02

Screen printing

Wanting to produce some screen prints for this brief, I took the photographs forward and bitmapped them. Postcards and small prints would be best suited to the arts market, and because of mainly tourists visiting the markets it would be suited to base some of the screen prints on the parts that make York. However I don't want to base it just on York so would also like to produce some of my own patterns and get my designs out there, but will use similar colours across all of the screen prints to make my items linked and look uniform on the arts stall.

bitmapped on to A5 -


Although the York arts market will be heavily based on tourists wanting to get some York memorabilia I also want it to be a chance to get some of my work out there. I began to draw some simple shapes and mix colours together to make prints that I will be able to keep after uni.



playing around with colours and shape allowed me to develop more ideas within illustrator, I am wanting to keep to a 2 colour print but willing to change stock types. If the prints go well, it would be good to progress and print on tote bags.









No comments:

Post a Comment