Friday 24 February 2017

Brief 05 | Photography Collab - Discussion (Alex)

Today I organised a meet up with Alex to discuss what she is after. At the moment she s wanting a zine produced so wanting to understand her style and what  publications she is currently into. As well as finding out about finishes she likes and print process.

To begin I put a short PDF together of my work that I have produced similar to this, and work which I found on the internet which I really like. This way I will get a better understanding of the direction to go in when making the zine.





When discussing the project with Alex she mentioned a lot of things which she liked, including certain styles and layouts. Therefore will try and incorporate elements like this into the zine. 

- Different paper textures and a mix of materials within the book - Tracing paper, newsprint, card, textures card, matt, reclyed paper.
- Coloured paper within the zine, black and white photography on the different colours.
- A range of different fonts, mainly liked the traditional and religious fonts and 'trendy microsoft word'
- Binding of the zine will be a open bound however with the range of paper it may not work, or attached with a elastic band and a saddle stitch.

We have agreed that the deadline will be March 15th, and should be ready for print. 

No comments:

Post a Comment