Thursday 11 May 2017

Extended Practice Evaluation


Overall extended practice has been enjoyable and has allowed me to learn a new range of skills and apply them to my briefs. I feel as if I have done a substantial amount of work for the module and used my time scale making sure everything gets completed in time. I would have liked to have done a lot more however there wasn't enough time. From the 10 briefs set initially at the beginning of the year, a few of them have been changed this is because I decided to do what was more suitable to me as a designer.

One aim this year was to collaborate with others, from the course and off. I feel as I work better in a team and the work has a stronger outcome, also lots of ideas bounce from one another and learn new things on the way. I can say I have achieved this aim, working with students from the course and photography and creative advertising has allowed me to pick up other skills and become a stronger team member.

Extended practice has allowed me to practice and develop my current skills and I have learnt lots of new skill sets such as making stop motion video for example. Also I wanted to use extended practice to make a good solid portfolio to use in the real world. Although I am pleased with the outcome overall of the work their are some briefs which I am not happy with and would have liked to do again, however I have learnt from my failure and will take this with me. A lot of the work I have produced this year is mainly screen printing, posters and made 3 dimensional work which I have enjoyed and this suits me as a designer. However I would have liked to make an app or a website, as I feel it would have strengthen my portfolio and also allow me learnt a range of skills.

The skills which have bettered a lot this year is screen printing; something which I learnt in first year, however only been able to get in perfect in level 06. I feel as if my skills on adobe has become stronger, I feel as if this is self taught as well as working with others, like the photography students which taught me new skills. Also working independently has become a big thing this year, I've been able to use my initiative and regularly seeked feedback from peers myself instead of relying on the crits to be set up for me.

Looking back at Leeds college of Art modules this has been one of my favourites, as its allowed me to do what I want and do what I feel comfortable doing, Its allowed me to also work with who I please and believe this module reflects what it would be like in a real studio. Also giving myself a chance to work with others and broaden my skill set as well as strengthen. By creating myself a time plan it has allowed me to make sure that I meet deadlines and pace myself. In total I have spent around £250 on printing, and buying materials etc. But the college has had excellent resources making it cheaper and also allowing help if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment